- look at old family photo albums, photos of my nan and dad in their early lives
- embroider over old family photographs starting by blowing them up to A3 or A2 (if they will go up that big) then layer thick embroidery.
- find out history about that day the photo was taken make it factual then ether scan it in so the image is untextured and flat or keep the texture as part of the image.
- mix colour and black ad white
- find a main focus
- think about vallery and the family connection even though i can’t remember meeting her using this work as a connection point and how a teddy has brought this connection.